The PR TIMES AFRICA CSR Awards 2019™
PR Times Africa is a Pan African multimedia and public relations company serving its Africa-wide audience stories in a mix of formats including text, audio, pictures and video, with a view to portraying Africa positively to the world, while promoting intra-African trade cooperation and exchanges among the people of Africa.
PR Times Africa annually holds the CSR Awards, now in its fouth edition, to recognize institutions,Diplomats, Government Officials, brands and individuals who look beyond the bottom-line and make contributions towards building sustainability on the continent, by making contributions towards building resilience in
- Best Environmental Excellence Award
- Best Community Programme Award
- Excellence In Provision Of Literacy & Education Award
- Empowerment of Women Award
- Best Workplace Practices
- CSR Leadership Award
- Product Excellence Award
- Diplomatic award (Seen)
- Danish amb-European
COUNTRY AWARDS CATEGORY
Best Country Award for Overall CSR Excellence
- South Africa
CATEGORIES & CRITERIA
Best Environmental Excellence Award
The company that has successfully implemented a major project or programme in areas such as: Energy Efficiency, Extended Product Responsibility, Green Product Design, Waste Reduction, Sustainable Business Practices and Water Conservation. The company that has integrated environmental performance into its sustainable development strategy and has delivered proven business benefits.
Best Community Programme Award
The company that has successfully implemented a community project that has resulted in poverty alienation, better education, business growth or community engagement. Does the company believe in creating educational opportunities for those who don’t have them or helping individuals to escape from poverty? How well does the company back up its beliefs and commitment to the community? How sustainable is the project or programme?
Excellence In Provision Of Literacy & Education Award
This award will be given to the company that has implemented a project designed specifically toward large scale literacy and education improvements among children and adults with sustainable and long term benefits.
Empowerment of Women Award
This award will be given to individuals or companies that have implemented programs committed to women’s empowerment and welfare with immediate or long term positive effects in terms of gender equality, economic improvements and cultural biases.
Best Workplace Practices
This category includes employee ownership plans. The company will have policies and programmes in place that show the respect they have for their employees and how much they value them. How far has the company gone to take care of its employees? Dependence care, layoffs, health provisions and employee training are some of the areas that will be looked at. Privacy at work, improving quality of life at work, fostering lifelong learning and the implementation of employee ownership plans are also examples of good practice.
CSR Leadership Award
This award will be given to an individual or organization who has contributed to the promotion of all aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility, including the environment, sustainability, community partnerships, education and poverty alienation to name but a few.
Product Excellence Award
This award will be given to companies that has created products that have brought alive positive impact to societies while contributing positively to the organizer’s bottom line.
The Award Ceremony will take place during the summit on 4 April 2019. Hundreds of senior executives and professionals of corporate social responsibility from government, business and civil society from the region, and the media will be present.
There will be an in-depth search and selection process for the awards comprising the generation of entries, initial screening, comments by advisors and final judging.
The Judging Panel
The judging panel is made up of internationally recognized and respected judges from a variety of industry sectors and disciplines. The panel has been carefully selected to ensure a fair and objective selection process.
The judges are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement and are required to declare any conflict of interest in entries over which they deliberate. They will be asked to step aside should this scenario arise.
Companies from all over the region are encouraged to nominate themselves and enter their favorite projects or programmes. There is no limit to the number of entries per company.
Regional and international organizations, including NGOs, advertising agencies, management consultants and suppliers of products and services are also invited to nominate companies in the Award categories for specific projects, programmes and services that showcase their CSR commitment.
1. Credit will be given to companies that report their CSR activities openly and clearly within the context of a recognised CSR Reporting framework such as the GRI-G3.
2. Credit will be given to companies that can demonstrate independent assurance or verification of the impact of their CSR programmes from third parties.
3. Credit will be given to companies which are signatories or supporters of international CSR frameworks such as the UN Global Compact or the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and which demonstrate a clear commitment to fulfilling their responsibilities under these frameworks.
4. Preference will be given to long-term programmes which address as wide a range of stakeholders as possible through useful, innovative and meaningful CSR activities that make a real difference to the environment or to the communities which they touch.
5. For new or start-up projects, companies are encouraged to show how the projects will build into longer term programmes and credit will be given to clearly identified sustainability features in the design of the project